Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dear Reader,


The mystical flashing turntable welcomes you!
As do I.

One thing I’ve really enjoyed in my past is music. I’ve always enjoyed listening to music and playing around with music making software like Garageband. I've wanted to be some sort of musical artist for a while now, despite rejecting violin lessons when I was younger. I listen to a lot of electronic music and so, for a project for school, I've decided to learn how to become a DJ and produce electronic music. The point of this blog is to document my journey to become a DJ. My goals are to learn how to use a Digital Audio Workstation and incorporate some synthesizers both on and off the computer into that learning. The DAW I will be using will be my copy of Ableton Live. I will also be using a midi controller with drum pads, a keyboard, and some knobs (which I also have to learn to use). At the end of this semester, I hope to have several songs recorded from Ableton Live, and I hope to perform these songs and songs by well known artists in a concert which I will host with my friend Jon. Of course to do this I will also need to learn about audio interfaces, speakers, amps, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think this will be an awesome project! I think it's interesting how you used to reject learning music formally, in the form of violin lessons, but all along you still had an interest in music. Reading about your project made me realize that I have to start thinking about how I'm going to incorporate music in my own movie. I'm also going to have to learn about audio programs. It will be nice to keep track of your project and learn some things about how to incorporate audio and music.
    I think a concert at the end of your project is a fantastic idea. It would be a great demonstration of what you have learned, and the skills you gained.

    ReplyDelete