Thursday, February 16, 2012

Building up, bringin' it down



So after some initial playing around with the software, I discovered several techniques to better emulate techno. I realized that many things were missing from some past songs including white noise and better beats. I tried to make my drums sound like the one's in my favorite songs but it just wasn't happening. So I found some youtube videos which were very helpful:

  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ff0AcOsH3E&feature=related (beats)
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI5IDZw8G88 (white noise)
The first was an easy alternative to making my beats sound as good. It basically tells you how to take a beat and extract its sounds. 

The second is a very quick tutorial on making white noise build up commonly found in techno.

This song was made very quickly thanks to these videos. Its essentially me just playing around with these things, and a kickin' bassline. Although I got the drum sounds from One Last Ride by John Dahlbäck, the beat pattern is my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment