Monday, June 4, 2012

Traktor and some feelings

I'm feeling the need to post about something but I'm not sure what, so I'll post on my feelings with the dance only three days away and some sources on the software we'll be using.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2008/11/07/digital-djing-with-traktor-pro/

This source provides a nice video tutorial for the use of Traktor Pro, the deejaying software we'll end up using in two days. It's about four years old so there have been some major updates but a lot of the basics are still used. It gives some basics on placing starting markers and "wave surfing" which means looking at the waveform of a song.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbsAIBs3uE

This video provides another well made tutorial on Traktor which teaches how to make sweeps and build ups. Hopefully this will make the dance more eventful and more exciting. We could even try to make the drier songs more exciting.

With the dance only three days away, I'm feeling kind of nervous. It will be my chance to prove myself to many of my piers. At the sometime I'm excited to play the part as a DJ. I can't wait to be able to jam out with the songs I play while many of my friends and peers dance along too. One disappointment is that it's actually only supposed to be one and a half hours long due to interference with Senior awards in the auditorium next to the Black Light theater. I'm hoping by the time of the dance we can talk to the planners and make it a little longer. I'm hoping to learn more about this at a student government meeting tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment