Saturday, May 12, 2012

Challenge vs. Skill (from 4/30ish)

When I'm doing what I love to do like longboarding or sailing, something that's fun about doing those things is having to face the challenge's they hold. I enjoy sailing in strong breeze not only because it can be insanely fast, but because I am able to handle heavy wind like that. Being able to meet the challenges certain activities give you makes that activity that much more enjoyable and satisfying.

As far as challenges go for my project, it's about in the middle. It's not impossible making music, but it's impossible making perfect sounding music (of course I don't have the hundreds/thousands of dollars worth of software the pros may have). I can make something that I'm proud of an to me thats enough. If I'm satisfied it because I felt that I met the challenge sufficiently. I produced a song which sounds good despite the odds.

At the point I'm in now I've learned a lot about music making. I started off not knowing anything about the software, and I've ended up being able to navigate it at ease. But something that I could work on is to put more effort into it. Not that I haven't already put a lot in, just that there could always be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment