Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tips on Performing

So recently I realized that the dance me and Jon are DJing for is only a week a way and I thought that it would be good to find some basic tips for performing which don't need a lot of practice and we could incorporate them in easily.

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2010/07/waveriding-digital-djing-without-headphone/

This source, conveniently named "Digital DJ Tips", gives insight as to what is happening with DJ's and headphones recently. Previously DJ's have been synonymous for using headphones so the DJ can hear what he's about to play before everyone else hears it. But with the advancement of software, that isn't happening more often than not. Although headphones look good.

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-perform-digital-audio-effects-with-dj-james-zabiela-313860/

These videos, of which there are eight, looks like a good way to easily incorporate new professional tricks into what I already know. I have yet to watch all of the videos but I'm looking forward to learning some new stuff. The way I see it, the more I know, the more I can be confident because one thing I've really overlooked until now is my nervousness in front of a crowd. The performance should be invaluable to my improvement in doing something in front of a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment