Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Katy Perry Bootleg



Finally a remix. It's not the most conventional remix. Essentially what it is is an a capella of E.T. by Katy Perry and the rest of the song I made after. It's seriously some of my favorite work despite its edginess. I have to say, Jon and I listen to some crazy electro, and this pays tribute to that. I based the bass of artists like Clouds and various French artists. What I did mostly on this one was that I played with the effects of the bass track a lot while it was playing. I recorded myself playing with the effects as it played, and it gets pretty crazy, especially at 4:30. One thing I'd really like to mess with is the kick, so while this one is definitely going to played at the dance, I'd like the final to be slightly tweaked (maybe the equalizer of the bass-line: the frequency of the sound). I'll have another look at the source I found yesterday which explains how to make sounds sound more professional and see what I can do.
I also have pictures!

Overall view of the mix.

The instrument Jon's envious of.

The amount of sync at 4:30. 
Because it was recorded live, it's a little messy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Philippe,

    I need you to swing by on Thursday 4th period please.

    Thanks, Ms. Lord

    ReplyDelete