Monday, May 14, 2012

Seven Observations of Learning (from 5/6ish)

I've learned a lot in the past few weeks about DJing and making music. I've learned to make mashups and remixs, what a well organized song looks like, and how far I'm willing to go to finish something. But what I've read in my sources and tutorials has no effect unless I try it out. When I actually try something out, somethings that at first seemed simple turn out to be very difficult and other things that seem difficult were actually easy to begin with and it's from these realizations that I can learn something. Some things require a lot of practice and some things come naturally, this is something I've found to be true in a lot of activities. Making music is no different. I've found that I have some rhythm in me, but my piano skills are terrible and I really need to work on my song layouts. Working on these things and learning has almost become enjoyable because what I'm doing is something that entertains me. I could almost think I'm not learning anything because I enjoy making the music so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment