Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Genre Focus: New 80's

The 80's.

I've been doing a lot of research on this genre and I have to say its actually awesome. I'm definitely going to try to incorporate some of it's sounds into my music in the future.


Download The Wombats Tokyo Vampires Wolves Grum Remix

Most of the good songs of this genre happen to be remixes of some of my favorite alternative artists which means awesome lyrics from Passion Pit, The Wombats, and many more. Grum works his magic on the one above. He seamlessly adds a groovy bass-line, crazy synths, and steady beat to already excellent English vocals.


Download Cassette Club 4 Me Bestrack Remix

This Cassette Club remix by Bestrack is another awesome example of 80's-esque synths, another groovin' bass-line, and nice vocals. Some artists to note: Bestrack, Cassette Club, Blue Satellite, Grum, Barretso, and the great Allen Walker. If some of these songs happen to land in my final mix I wont be surprised.

1 comment:

  1. yoseph broseph I think that moving in this direction is a good idea however staying a bit on the path of mainstream is a good idea. because at this time performing with songs that tons of people going to a dance will like and new 80s will be kinda freaky it would be awesome but off topic. so i think that we should turn up the eighties but putting this on for a crowd of "omg dubstep" kids would be a bit hazzzaddous

    ReplyDelete