Monday, March 26, 2012

Past WISE project reflection (from 3/12ish)

The past WISE project I read was about a girl who was learning about DJing, much like me except solely on planning and running a dance, instead of also making her own music.

Some pros include how she talked to a lot of people including the business owner of a sound and lights company which eventually sponsored the dance she DJ'd at. She cooperated with unusual but reasonable places such as frats which have notorious parties and who occasionally have fraternity brothers DJing high school dances (which I'm considering at this point). She also showed more of her research which I need to do for the macro parts of my project.

Some cons include how she could have been a little more intricate about how to perform other than only writing about planning, as in, what she could be doing to the music as the music is playing (filters, reverb, volume control, etc). I think as a tech person, it'd be nice to see what software she used as to get some perspective on what others would use.

Overall, she was definitely more on top of her journal then I am, and had a lot of good information, but I feel like just planning the dance, and playing songs isn't really much. I'm going to use some her resources because they definitely seem reasonable, and hopefully have this thing done on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment